Activities & Events
At Governor's Pointe we plan a variety of activities, events, and outings to bring enjoyment to the residents that live here. Activity calendars will vary according to the interests of the current residents.
Find photos and videos of our events on our Facebook page.
A sampling of activities are:
- Physical Activities (stretches, walks, chair exercises, Wii bowling)
- Musical Activities (sing-a-longs, live entertainment, name that tune)
- Reminiscing (Car shows, antique road show, cooking club, "Share a Memory" and "Remember When" discussion groups, and Old Time Radio Programs)
- Spiritual (Bible study, church services provided by local congregations, Rosary and Mass)
- Current Events (Coffee Klatch, newspaper highlights, political guests)
- Outings (Lunch Bunch, trips to movies, scenic drives, shopping trips, concerts in the park, Art shows, Holden Arboretum nature trip)
- Continuing Education (Homebound Library Service, watercolor art class, armchair travel, exploring unique foods)
- Sensory Enjoyment (dog and bird visits)
- Social Interaction (Bingo, Card Games, Auction, Book Discussion Group, Word Puzzles)
- Intergenerational Events & Community Involvement (Crafts for Children's Hospital with Girl Scouts, "Hugs & Stitches" knitting & crochet project for Children's Hospital, Bingo & Crafts with Red Hat Society ladies, Dog Biscuit baking for local Humane Society)
- Family Events (Christmas Open House, monthly birthday parties, pet parades, family council meetings)
- Staying Connected (Traveling Post Office)