Activities & Events
At Randall Residence of Decatur we plan a variety of activities, events, and outings that meet the wishes of the Independent Living resident and a separate calendar of events for our Assisted Living residents. Activity calendars will vary according to the interests of the current residents.
A sampling of activities are:
- Physical Activities (stretches, walks, chair exercises, Wii bowling, spring time flower planting)
- Musical Activities (sing-a-longs, live entertainment, name that tune)
- Reminiscing (car shows, antique road show, cooking club, show and tell, Resident of the Month)
- Spiritual (Bible study, hymn singing, church services provided by local congregations, Rosary and Mass)
- Current Events (Coffee Klutch, newspaper highlights, political guests)
- Outings (Lunch Bunch, trips to the movies, scenic drives, shopping trips)
- Continuing Education (art appreciation, armchair travel, exploring unique foods)
- Sensory Enjoyment (foot massages, hand soaks, bread baking, visiting pets)
- Social Interaction (Bingo, card games, book discussion group, word puzzles)
- Inter-generational Events (partnerships with school children at local schools, activities with preschoolers)
- Family Events (summer picnics, Christmas party, monthly birthday parties, pet parades)
- Scheduled resident and family meetings and care conferences
Download and print the Randall Residence of Decatur activities calendars below:
Activities vary in our Alzheimer's and dementia care program. In addition to scheduled programs, we also offer one-on-one programs.
Life enrichment programs in Memory Support are scheduled seven days a week and into the evening hours most days.
Join Us for a Life Enrichment Program
If you are considering a move to Randall Residence for yourself or a senior loved one, we encourage you to join us for any of our scheduled Life Enrichment programs. It’s a great way to see what remarkable senior living looks like! Call us to learn more.