Activities & Events
At White Oaks we plan a variety of activities, events, and outings to bring enjoyment to the residents that live here. Activity calendars will vary according to the interests of the current residents.
Find photos and videos of our events on our Facebook page.
A sampling of activities* are:
- Physical Activities (stretches, walks, chair exercises, Wii bowling)
- Musical Activities (sing-a-longs, live entertainment, name that tune, summer concerts in the park)
- Reminiscing (car shows, antique road show, cooking club, show and tell)
- Spiritual (Bible study, hymn singing, church services - provided by congregations in Lawton, Paw Paw, Decatur and surrounding towns, Rosary and Mass)
- Current Events (Coffee Klatch, newspaper highlights, political guests)
- Outings (Lunch Bunch, trips to the movies in Paw Paw, scenic drives, shopping trip to Paw Paw, day at the County Fair)
- Continuing Education (Spanish class, art appreciation, arm chair travel, exploring unique foods)
- Sensory Enjoyment (foot massages, hand soaks, visiting pets)
- Social Interaction (Bingo, card games, book discussion group, word puzzles)
- Intergenerational Events (partnerships with school children at Lawton Elementary, activities with preschoolers)
- Family Events (summer picnic, Christmas party, monthly birthday parties, pet parades)
Download and Print the White Oaks Activities Calendars below:
*Activities will vary for Birch Hall and Hawthorn Hall, the Alzheimer's and dementia care programs, and will consist of additional one-on-one programs. Activities in Hawthorn Hall are seven days a week and into the evening hours most days.