Activities & Events
At Lakeshore Woods in Fort Gratiot, we plan a variety of activities, events, and outings that meet the wishes of Assisted Living, Memory Care and Traumatic Brain Injury residents. Activity calendars will vary according to the interests of the current residents.
Find photos and videos of our events on our Facebook page.
A sampling of activities* are:
- Physical Activities (stretches, walks, chair exercises, Wii bowling, spring time flower planting, swimming at the YMCA)
- Musical Activities (sing-a-longs, live entertainment, name that tune)
- Reminiscing (car shows, cooking club, show and tell, Resident of the Month)
- Spiritual (Bible study, hymn singing, church services provided by local congregations, Rosary and Mass)
- Current Events (Coffee Klutch, newspaper highlights, political guests)
- Outings (Lunch Bunch, trips to the movies, scenic drives, shopping trips)
- Continuing Education (art appreciation, armchair travel, exploring unique foods)
- Sensory Enjoyment (foot massages, hand soaks, bread baking, visiting pets)
- Social Interaction (Bingo, card games, book discussion group, word puzzles)
- Inter-generational Events (partnerships with school children at local schools, activities with preschoolers)
- Family Events (summer picnics, Christmas party, monthly birthday parties, pet parades)
- Scheduled resident and family meetings and care conferences
Download and print the Lakeshore Woods activity calendar below
Join Us for the Fun
If you are considering a move to Lakeshore Woods for yourself or a senior loved one, we encourage you to join us for any of our scheduled Life Enrichment programs. It’s a great way to see what remarkable assisted living looks like! Call us to learn more.