Community Events at White Oaks
At White Oaks we plan a variety of activities, events, and outings to bring enjoyment to the residents that live here. Activity calendars will vary according to the interests of the current residents.
A sampling of activities* are:
- Physical Activities (stretches, walks, chair exercises, Wii bowling)
- Musical Activities (sing-a-longs, live entertainment, name that tune, summer concerts in the park)
- Reminiscing (car shows, antique road show, cooking club, show and tell)
- Spiritual (Bible study, hymn singing, church services - provided by congregations in Lawton, Paw Paw, Decatur and surrounding towns, Rosary and Mass)
- Current Events (Coffee Klatch, newspaper highlights, political guests)
- Outings (Lunch Bunch, trips to the movies in Paw Paw, scenic drives, shopping trip to Paw Paw, day at the County Fair)
- Continuing Education (Spanish class, art appreciation, arm chair travel, exploring unique foods)
- Sensory Enjoyment (foot massages, hand soaks, visiting pets)
- Social Interaction (Bingo, card games, book discussion group, word puzzles)
- Intergenerational Events (partnerships with school children at Lawton Elementary, activities with preschoolers)
- Family Events (summer picnic, Christmas party, monthly birthday parties, pet parades)
Download and Print the White Oaks Activities Calendars below:
- October 2015 Activities Calendar
- October 2015 Hawthorn Hall Activities Calendar
- October 2015 Birch Hall Activities Calendar
*Activities will vary for Hawthorn Hall, the Alzheimer's and dementia care program, and will consist of additional one-on-one programs. Activities in Hawthorn Hall are seven days a week and into the evening hours most days.
There are no upcoming events.